The Grand Furpile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum by deviant weirdos for deviant weirdos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MLP/The Pony Plague

+8
[Vae]
Zaraphayx
Daisy The Bunny
Kaiser
Kaizy
XoPachi
ASTA
Tango
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1MLP/The Pony Plague Empty MLP/The Pony Plague Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Tango

Tango
Pony Slayer

So, I saw one episode for the first time. Not bad for a children's show. Way too sappy-sweet for my tastes though. How come man-children everywhere lose their collective shit over it? What is the appeal?

2MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:57 pm

ASTA

ASTA
#Shitposter Extraordinaire

Tango what in the shit are you doing!?

This is heresy of the highest caliber!

3MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Tango

Tango
Pony Slayer

ASTA wrote:Tango what in the shit are you doing!?

Shush! Who made you pope of the forums, cat-thing-girl!

4MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:59 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

I...can't tolerate that show now. And being prevalent on DA, I can tell you the fanbase is as bad (not worse) as Sonicfags.

ASTA wrote:Tango what in the shit are you doing!?

ROFL!!!

5MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 am

Kaizy

Kaizy
Resident Ponyfag

Tango wrote:So, I saw one episode for the first time. Not bad for a children's show. Way too sappy-sweet for my tastes though. How come man-children everywhere lose their collective shit over it? What is the appeal?
Its just a show with some nice art and characters, thats pretty much it
Yknow, what most fandoms are centered around

As for what the fandoms begin spawning, well thats a different topic

http://owleyes-modblog.tumblr.com/

6MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:11 am

XoPachi

XoPachi

I can still fave the better artwork of it on sites and fap to the good R34.

7MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:34 am

Kaiser

Kaiser
Remember Me

Tango wrote:So, I saw one episode for the first time. Not bad for a children's show. Way too sappy-sweet for my tastes though. How come man-children everywhere lose their collective shit over it? What is the appeal?
I thought I was the only one that thought that way.

I will be no time before they also reach Sony.

8MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:56 am

Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

It's good for what it is, which is a show aimed at young girls. Like I said on GTWF before being told off for having an ~opinion~, I don't see why everyone loses their shit over it when there are much better animated shows out there.

9MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 am

Kaizy

Kaizy
Resident Ponyfag

Daisy The Bunny wrote:It's good for what it is, which is a show aimed at young girls. Like I said on GTWF before being told off for having an ~opinion~, I don't see why everyone loses their shit over it when there are much better animated shows out there.
Well thats the opinion. I mean of course youre not going to see why people like it as much as they do, you dont really care for it. You saying theres better stuff is an opinion because people are going to disagree with it.

I for one cant see why people like that cartoon Gravity Falls as much as they do, but I know its because I dont really care for it.

I swear everyone always had this discussion in the GTW pony thread like every week

10MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:09 am

Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Kaizy wrote:
Daisy The Bunny wrote:It's good for what it is, which is a show aimed at young girls. Like I said on GTWF before being told off for having an ~opinion~, I don't see why everyone loses their shit over it when there are much better animated shows out there.
Well thats the opinion.  I mean of course youre not going to see why people like it as much as they do, you dont really care for it.  You saying theres better stuff is an opinion because people are going to disagree with it.

I for one cant see why people like that cartoon Gravity Falls as much as they do, but I know its because I dont really care for it.

I swear everyone always had this discussion in the GTW pony thread like every week
I think people feel like they need to justify any position they hold if it appears to them to be in the minority and they're surrounded by opinions which do not reflect their attitude.

Or they just really like fighting on the internet.

Not calling out people in this thread or anything it's just what I observe online and in real life situations, not a criticism.

Either way I don't care for the show and feel no remorse for poking fun at the more special members of the fandom; it's just furry of a different coat to me.

Edit: Of course, this time around it feels non-bronies are in the majority here.

11MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 am

ASTA

ASTA

I gave two or three episodes a watch with my sister (who is 4).

The show's animation isn't bad---but that's pretty much all it has going for it. The plots, having been written for small children in mind, are bland, boring and hellah predictable. The characters have no depth; I seriously have a hard time caring about any of those ponies when Pinky Pie's terribly-written personality emerges to spread annoying songs and other foolish antics everywhere.

Didn't like it then. Sure as shit don't like it now.

Still convinced that a lot of people got into the show because their friends got into it, by the way.

12MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:27 am

Kaizy

Kaizy
Resident Ponyfag

Im surprised this thread is even here, seeing how the majority of the people that regulared in the GTW MLP thread arent even members and the majority here doesnt care for the show

Kinda just leaves myself and Xo if he counts as a previous regular

ASTA wrote:Still convinced that a lot of people got into the show because their friends got into it, by the way.
I remember explaining why that idea doesnt make much sense and how it probably only applies to a fraction of the fandom itself

13MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:47 am

XoPachi

XoPachi

Kaizy wrote:
Well thats the opinion.  I mean of course youre not going to see why people like it as much as they do, you dont really care for it.  You saying theres better stuff is an opinion because people are going to disagree with it.

Don't group me in this, I only posted smut and bashed the FAF pony thread.

14MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:54 am

Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Kaizy wrote:
I don't need to be told that my opinion is an opinion, and neither should you. That's the whole point of my post.

15MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

I should be told that my opinions are facts. :3

Well would you look at that? Suddenly Battle Bakraid is critically hailed as the greatest achievement of man!

But to keep this on topic, my PERSONAL reason for why I watched it was because it was lighthearted, had a small amount of wit in it's corny humor, and largely didn't follow the stereotypes of a typical little girl's show. You know what I mean. Here comes FiM with a varied cast of tomboys, idiots, bookworms, that FUCKING troll of a princess, and other archtypes with decent voice acting, decent animation, lots of fantasy themes (I grew up on Castlevania so being able to identify manticores and shit before the show said anything gave me a boner).

It all added up to a show I didn't care to catch on TV, but enough that I would look it up on YouTube from my phone when there was nothing else to watch. And I'd be a hypocrite to say my reasoning for disliking it NOW was because it's a girl show when I still to this day watch Totally Spies, Sailor Moon, and Panty and Stocking...actually I DID watch Sailor Moon, but fuck that show. lol

I stopped watching it because yes, it was getting corny to me and overly sugary sweet. I'd stop watching a different cartoon for the same reasons.

16MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Kaizy

Kaizy
Resident Ponyfag

XoPachi wrote:And I'd be a hypocrite to say my reasoning for disliking it NOW was because it's a girl show when I still to this day watch Totally Spies, Sailor Moon, and Panty and Stocking...actually I DID watch Sailor Moon, but fuck that show. lol
Wait what?
Since when was P&S considered a "girls show"? That shit is like the exact opposite of those shows like Totally Spies and Sailor Moon lol

Wasnt P&S more of an adult comedy anime for...well, young adults?

17MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:34 pm

[Vae]

[Vae]
Spaceship

Kaizy wrote:
Wasnt P&S more of an adult comedy anime for...well, young adults?
P&S is basically sex and grossout humor, nonstop. And cursing. Lots and lots of cursing.

Topic: I like FiM, but I don't obsess over it any more than any of my other interests.
I have some of the dolls, a shirt, and I'll watch Season 4 when it comes out.
I've drawn some art.
But it's nothing life changing, or that I would be devastated if it disappeared tomorrow.

http://sailorgradius.tumblr.com/

18MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:09 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

I dunno. The style struck me as more geared towards girls at first glance. I fucking loved it regardless. Got the box set, a bunch of posters, plooshies, keychains. I fucking love Panty and Stocking. Girl's show or not. ;w;

19MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:18 pm

ASTA

ASTA

Kaizy wrote:Im surprised this thread is even here, seeing how the majority of the people that regulared in the GTW MLP thread arent even members and the majority here doesnt care for the show

Kinda just leaves myself and Xo if he counts as a previous regular

ASTA wrote:Still convinced that a lot of people got into the show because their friends got into it, by the way.
I remember explaining why that idea doesnt make much sense and how it probably only applies to a fraction of the fandom itself
Nah, still convinced.

/stubborn, always right lel

/childishness

20MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:19 pm

[Vae]

[Vae]
Spaceship

It's just animu. Lol.

P&S isn't bad. I liked a lot of it and I still want the Panty Nendoroid figure.
And I still want the second season to come out.
But it's no more a "little girls show" than something like the Boondocks would be.

http://sailorgradius.tumblr.com/

21MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:02 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

[Vae] wrote:It's just animu. Lol.

P&S isn't bad. I liked a lot of it and I still want the Panty Nendoroid figure.
And I still want the second season to come out.
But it's no more a "little girls show" than something like the Boondocks would be.
There will be no second season. Gainax went out of business. :/

22MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Lucy

Lucy
Randy, get my bow!

All television is for little girls.

https://grandfurpile.rpg-board.net

23MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:30 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

You face is for little girls.

24MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Tango

Tango
Pony Slayer

XoPachi wrote:I dunno. The style struck me as more geared towards girls at first glance. I fucking loved it regardless. Got the box set, a bunch of posters, plooshies, keychains. I fucking love Panty and Stocking. Girl's show or not. ;w;

You weird little man.

25MLP/The Pony Plague Empty Re: MLP/The Pony Plague Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:34 am

Kaizy

Kaizy
Resident Ponyfag

Lucy wrote:All television is for little girls.
Especially Spike TV

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum