The Grand Furpile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum by deviant weirdos for deviant weirdos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How am I doing?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How am I doing? Empty How am I doing? Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:37 pm

RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

My most recent job reply:

I was at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst for a year.

I ended up joining the Marines, however.

It is a bit ironic I ended up in the same field into which my parents tried to force me.

I have six years of software developement (actual work history) under my belt, however.

I don't think there is any point in going back to school.

It is a scam at this point; the creditors are monopilizing on people's "future" and we will see that speculative bubble burst within the next ten years. All of these "student loans" will collapse when reality hits people in the face and they realize the "American Dream" is just a joke created by Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, et al.

Thank you,

xxx

>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: yyy
>
> Sent: sometimetoday
>
> To: 'xxx'
>
> Subject: RE: Java/J2EE Engineer opportunity
>
>
> Hi xxx,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Can you give me a short summary of your educational background please?
>

2How am I doing? Empty Re: How am I doing? Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:06 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

Pell grants.

3How am I doing? Empty Re: How am I doing? Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:20 pm

RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

Sure, here's 1/5th of your tuition.

If you were my ex bf maybe you could get a full scholarship to an Ivy League school.

Not everyone can do it.

Me, I'm just a fucking asshole. But when I work, I'm pretty good at what I do.

4How am I doing? Empty Re: How am I doing? Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

I suppose. I'm going to a shabby little college for my associates. I've...not paid a dime yet and I graduate next year.

But Universities? God...

5How am I doing? Empty Re: How am I doing? Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 am

Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

You can get your school expenses covered so long as you meet the right criteria on your FAFSA, enter the right fields, go to an affordable school, and pursue enough scholarships/grants.

You also need a shining academic record for the more competitive programs.

I finished my Associates at a community college and basically got paid to do it (President's Scholarship/Pell Grant) and got enough federal aid and wrote enough essays to get a bunch of scholarships when I transferred my credits to Uni. This semester I got yet another grant that was basically 2000 dollars to do whatever I want with since my tuition was already covered by all of the other shit I mentioned already.

I'm paying in-state tuition though and it's cheap as hell compared to the prices I hear other people quote, lots of people getting scammed Razz

6How am I doing? Empty Re: How am I doing? Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:05 pm

RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

Fuck it. I'm probably getting a few offers tomorrow in the six figure range.

Work experience is just as good, if not better than educational background. It's just a matter of finding a way to weasel your way into the field. I guess it depends on what field you're talking about too, though. Software engineering is pretty lenient about that; if you have work experience and know your shit (I have read very many books) you can get away without that piece of paper.

TBH, I should have stayed in the military and would have gotten the Montgomery GI Bill. I figure school would be a waste of money at this point though.

7How am I doing? Empty Re: How am I doing? Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:39 am

XoPachi

XoPachi

Zaraphayx wrote:You can get your school expenses covered so long as you meet the right criteria on your FAFSA, enter the right fields, go to an affordable school, and pursue enough scholarships/grants.

You also need a shining academic record for the more competitive programs.

I finished my Associates at a community college and basically got paid to do it (President's Scholarship/Pell Grant) and got enough federal aid and wrote enough essays to get a bunch of scholarships when I transferred my credits to Uni. This semester I got yet another grant that was basically 2000 dollars to do whatever I want with since my tuition was already covered by all of the other shit I mentioned already.

I'm paying in-state tuition though and it's cheap as hell compared to the prices I hear other people quote, lots of people getting scammed :P
This for days. This is EXACTLY what I'm doing right now. Associates in Ad Design. Haven't paid a dime.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum