The Grand Furpile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum by deviant weirdos for deviant weirdos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disappearing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disappearing Empty Disappearing Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:40 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

Would you be able to do it?

I've thought about this sometimes and the recent VSauce upload got me thinking further about the subject.
Do you think you could have the courage and power to...erase your existence?
Could you leave behind everything?
Your SO, children, outside family, your friends, job, defining hobbies, alter your appearance, leave your country, leave behind online contacts, school.
What do you think would PUSH you into killing off your current identity? Is it possible for you to physically forget your original self if you live your 100% authentically new life for a decade or so?

2Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:23 pm

blackfurredfox

blackfurredfox

I've actually spent the past couple weeks thinking about this. I probably could but it would require my best friend burning bridges with me. After that I would have zero restraint doing that.

Edit: Kinda relevant actually, im not sure if anyone else has done this but whenever I go just outside of town I do leave my life behind a bit. Like Roger from American Dad, I just have many different fake identities. Its pretty fun somtimes, like making up a person and becoming by them pretty much by the seat of your pants.

3Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

You oughta share some experiences sometime.

4Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:27 am

blackfurredfox

blackfurredfox

XoPachi wrote:You oughta share some experiences sometime.
Well theres one I did recently. It was at a waffle house and when I pulled up I put on a smile, changed my mannerisms a bit along with my voice, and became Julien Locke. A USGS surveyor, who is of British descent but a US citizen, and has a particular taste for black coffee with peanuts in it. Just a completely normal person besides that he doesnt exist except to a few people that met him. Its almost like acting, but on a whole new level where you dont get credit for it, you dont get paid for it, and the only reason you do it is because its fun. Its fun to tell people these stories and make them happy, because when theyre happy it just makes me happy that I can do that. That being both making them happy and being able to pull off this.

5Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:35 am

XoPachi

XoPachi

I'm certain there are people out there who do that sort of thing for the sake of trolling. It seems fascinating to feign an identity. The most I've done is going to McDonalds and when they ask for my name, I say Pachi instead of Jason.

6Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Greg

Greg
Der Hündinmeister

I care too much about my friends.

http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/egregrious/

7Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 pm

[Vae]

[Vae]
Spaceship

As depressing as the reality is, I think I would just off myself in any kind of situation where I absolutely needed to do that. I just don't think it would be worth moving on. The organism's will to survive isn't worth putting up with separation from everything that I love, because what else makes life worth living?

http://sailorgradius.tumblr.com/

8Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:39 pm

XoPachi

XoPachi

[Vae] wrote:because what else makes life worth living?
...Ampharos in a box?

9Disappearing Empty Re: Disappearing Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 am

Tango

Tango
Pony Slayer

I could. I'd have to find a place to go and improve my Spanish though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum